Backfire Promotions prides itself on delivering safe and quality motoring events with respect for all. The following terms and conditions support that philosophy and it is important that all participants take time to read and understand them
Conditions of Entry:
1. It is accepted by the Signee below that they knowingly intend to participate in a challenging and risky activity using mechanically propelled vehicles, (referred to as the vehicle) recognised as such under the Road Traffic Act (Off Road) Regulations 1991. The Signee accepts that dangerous conditions plus dangerous, careless and inconsiderate driving plus high speeds plus the use of amateur constructed or modified vehicles may significantly increase the risk of being killed, permanently disabled or seriously injured.
2. The Signee acknowledges that participation in an event of this type entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death or damage to themselves, to property or to third parties. It is understood that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of this event.
3. The Signee confirms that they possess the standard of competence necessary for the type of event they are entering.
4. The Signee will before participating satisfy themselves of the preparation and condition of their vehicle. That it is suitable, safe and complies with the Regulations. Correct PPE must be worn and used in the correct manor.
5. The Signee confirms that their vehicle has no known faults which may lead to a mechanical failure which could cause Third Party damage, injury or death and will use all appropriate Safety Equipment. They accept that a ’head cam’ attachment could compromise their safety in a collision.
6. The Signee will before participating satisfy themselves of the preparation and condition of the course and its facilities and do self-certify that the margins of safety, barriers and braking areas are adequate and suitable for their degree of competence and type of vehicle for the event they have entered.
7. The Signee accepts the responsibility of monitoring all conditions that may materially change the aforementioned and they participate voluntarily and of their own free will in spite of the risks. They know they are free to withdraw at any time without penalty.
8. The Signee certifies that they have adequate insurance to cover damage caused or suffered whilst participating or agrees to bear the costs of such damage to their vehicle.
9. The Signee accepts that none of the involved parties shall have any liability for loss or damage which may be sustained or incurred by the Signee as a result of participation in the Event. They understand that they forgo all rights to compensation from driver/rider to driver/rider liability and Insurance. Nothing in this clause is intended to or shall be deemed to exclude or limit liability permitted by law.
10. The Signee agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Parties in respect of any loss or damage.
11. The Signee states that they are not taking or have not taken or drunk any substance / medication (prescribed or otherwise) which may affect their ability or judgement in the control of the vehicle.
12. The Signee states that they have no known medical condition or physical disability that would make it unsafe for them to participate or which may be adversely affected by participating.
13. The Signee confirms that should they be aware of any medical condition or injury be it age related or otherwise, prescribed medication or disability which may affect their ability to control or direct the vehicle, they will present themselves to the Chief Medical Officer or Clerk of the Course, prior to signing on for a final appraisal.
14. The Signee accepts that the Organisers may use volunteer marshals in order to keep the costs of participating in this event affordable.
15. The Signee authorises and permits the Organiser (and third parties connected with the event) to administer first aid and to authorise such other medical treatment and transportation as may be recommended by physicians, paramedics and other medical personnel, in the event of illness, accident or injury.
16. The Signee understands that their personal data is being retained solely for the purposes of staging and insuring the event and will be handled by the organisers in accordance with the IOPD data protection policy.
17. The Signee confirms that any information given is correct to the best of their knowledge and any changes will be notified to the organisers.
18. The Signee has read the rules and regulations governing the event along with any briefings or notices on the day.
19. Caution, Live Motor Events can be dangerous, Backfire Promotions and their associates have taken extensive precautions to ensure safety is paramount. Please be aware that even with the best precautions, dangerous situations can arise due to unknown or uncontrollable factors
20. All vehicles and attire must adhere to the vintage ethos of the Race the Waves event
21. Backfire Promotions/Race the Waves and its associates will not be held responsible for any cost, loss, damage or injury of any kind, at any time before, during, and after the event howsoever caused
22. All persons on the beach, promenade, pits and any other designated area, whether marshalling, participating in, or in any other way involved or indeed un-involved with the event, are there entirely at their own risk. All persons on the beach during proceedings should have read, understood and signed a copy (electronic or paper) of the approved rules.
23. Backfire Promotions/Race the Waves and its associates will not be held responsible for the actions of individuals that jeopardise the safety of others, or compromise the continuity of the event howsoever caused
24. Backfire Promotions/Race the Waves and its associates will not be held responsible for any environmental issues arising from having vehicles on the beach and promenade areas howsoever caused. It is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner/operator to rectify an issue of this nature in a correct and timely manner.
25. Backfire Promotions/Race the Waves and its associates will not be held responsible for any actions of the public which may affect the running/continuity of the event, or for any cost, loss, damage or injury caused by such actions howsoever caused
26. Backfire Promotions/Race the Waves and its associates will not be held responsible for any cost, loss, damage or injury caused by natural phenomena/weather events or any other occurrence that causes the event to be altered, postponed or cancelled howsoever caused
27. Backfire Promotions/Race the Waves and its associates reserves the right to include/exclude any vehicle or participant at their discretion.
28. Backfire Promotions/Race the Waves and its associates reserves the right to cancel/postpone change/alter any part of the event at their discretion.
29. Your registration and attendance at this event indicates your consent to be filmed and to the use of your image, without payment of any kind, for use in program(s) and for other promotional/editorial activities of Backfire Race the waves for future use in all media, now known or hereafter created.
31. Cancellation of application It is important that participants notify us as soon as possible if you no longer want to attend the event. We do not offer a refund.
32. No animals are allowed on the beach while the event is in progress